In all of my years I have never been so captivated by a film. It has all the things you could ever want it a sports movie.
- Who doesn’t love a good underdog? The Motley Crew of athletes all going through their own shit coming together to redeem the lovable cheater played by the late great John Candy.
- Leon plays a fantastic leader. Really knows how to get the best out of his guys. His character Derice Bannock is the absolute goat.
- Action sequences for days. Who doesn’t love slo-mo running or intense bobsled scenes?
- 4. Multiculturalism. Although they faced some serious backlash from the East Germany team, they persevered and for the most part were welcomed into the bobsled community.
- 5. Timeless. I have rewatched several movies from my childhood and all of em sucked compared to how I remembered em. This one is different. I can still watch this on repeat just like I did when I still pissed my pants.
- These among other reasons are why I still regard this movie as one of the best. If you think I’m wrong please feel free to keep your mouth shut and opinions to yourself because I will not budge on this.